Monday 5 July 2010

Kate Greenaway Medal

The Kate Greenaway Medal has just been announced. - http://www.carnegiegreenaway.org.uk/2010awards/
The winners are The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman, and Harry and Hopper, by Freya Blackwood.

The Graveyard Book is illustrated by Chris Riddell, who is one of my favourite illustrators, so that's good stuff.
And Freya Blackwood's illustrations for harry & Hopper are brilliant too.
Lovely and lively and sketchy and some great perspective.

I know and like pretty much all the other finalist illustrators as well.
There were Oliver Jeffers, who I find really inspiring, Satishi Kitamura, who is really great, Dave McKean, who I know best from his comic stuff, David Roberts, and Grahame Baker-Smith, who I heard about at the LBF.

So it was a really tip of the top, tip top, cream of the crop list.

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Jon, Thanks for informations! If you want to know one ukrainian artist, my favorite, Vladislav Erko, I find page with some illustrations here:
    http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2NAvCQ/amolife.com/image/art/artist-illustrator-vladislav-erko.html
    It wanted to share also with you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey, yes Vladislav Erko is really good, isn't he?
    Lots of detail, he reminds me a bit of Richard Dadd.

    ReplyDelete