Thursday 26 August 2010

PLR Petition

This was brought to my attention by Cassia Thomas, and I think it is a rather worthwhile petition.
Cassia puts it very nicely, so I will quote from her post if I may :)

PLR (public lending rights) allows an author/illustrator a small earning from each lending of their work from a public library (6p per lend). The government want to drastically cut this funding.

There are but a few JKRowling's, Stephanie Meyer's, and Quentin Blakes. Many of us, if not most of us struggle to make ends meet and every penny makes a difference. Please, please show your support of PLR funding by signing this petition.

2 comments:

  1. thanks, Jon. Let's hope it makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I have never got round to joining the PLR scheme, but was planning to this year.. I hope it sticks around!

    ReplyDelete