Thursday 17 May 2012

My Book Is Available To PreOrder!


Hi Chaps,

I mentioned this in my last post, but I thought I'd cover it a bit more fully in this one.

'Watch Your Tongue Cecily Beasley' with illustrations by me is due out in September, and is now available to pre-order.

The story is about a girl, Cecily Beasley, who makes faces and sticks out her tongue at people all the time, but she learns her lesson when a Mockingbeak Tongue-Snatcher bird makes a nest in her outstretched tongue.
A very nice rhyming story written by Lane Fredrickson, which was great fun to illustrate.

It's being published by the lovely people at Sterling in New York, so everything was done via email.
I work digitally so roughs and artwork were emailed back and forth, and ftp'd and it worked really well.
Which I think is interesting. Not so many years ago, working for publishers in New York would've been really impractical, but now, pretty much all my work is done this way, even if working for someone nearby.

But here are a few spreads from the book, as a bit of a sneak peak.










So, as it was done with US publishers, it's available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble over there, and they are also publishing it over here in the UK too, so it's available on Amazon and The Book Depository here too.

Here are the links.

UK
Amazon     Book Depository

US
Amazon     Barnes & Noble



And more soon on another book :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Jon! You have painted such fantastic funny mood in this book! A girl - very interesting character, I can imagine story from your illustrations without text :)
    I think it is an exellent, wonderful, interesting book not only for children! ;)))
    I am fascinated! Your style, how you tell the story by lines and soft colours! :)))) THey are alive!

    And the cover of book is also very warm and bright!

    ReplyDelete